Leading in an Ownership Setting: The Program for CEOs
Save the Date!
The Inn at Penn & University of Pennsylvania
Part I: July 9 – 14, 2023
Part II: December 3 - 7, 2023
*This two-part program is typically held over one week in mid-July and one week in early December. Thank you.
This unique program helps top executives maximize their ESOPs by fostering employee owner engagement and participation that impacts the company’s bottom line.
This intensive two-week program offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn with and from other ESOP executives, forming relationships and networks that last long after the program ends.
Program Wait List
If you would like to be added to the wait list for this program, please contact Amanda Rushing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provide the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- State if you are the CEO or your position in succession of the CEO
Who should attend?
This program is for current CEOs or Presidents of ESOP companies or for their designate successors. Leaders who find this program most beneficial:
Experienced CEOs or Presidents:
- The program offers you the time and resources for thinking strategically about your leadership agenda for your company, whether it’s about strengthening your company’s culture, leading change or thinking more deeply about succession and sustainability
- If you have leadership experience but this is your first time leading an employee-owned company, the program will heighten your awareness of the positive potential of employee ownership as well as provide you with tools to leverage it
- An executive assessment will provide you with 360 feedback about how your leadership is experienced; an executive coach will help you integrate that feedback with your strengths, values and self-assessments so that you can create an action plan for enhancing your leadership.
- Peers who understand the challenges and opportunities of leading in ownership context will provide you with a safe and constructive place to talk about company’s issues that may not be appropriate to air within your company.
Incoming CEOs or Presidents:
- Enhance your knowledge of yourself as the top leader in your company
- Learn more about the responsibilities of being in the top leadership role
- Deepen your understanding of how as a top leader you can maximize the opportunities of employee ownership
- Think through the steps in your transition into the CEO role that will set you up for success
- Develop a plan for the impact you want to have as a leader of your firm
- Think through the leadership team you will need around you to complement your strengths and make your company successful
Cancellation requests must be submitted in writing. A $100 administrative fee will be assessed at the time of cancellation. Questions may be addressed to Amanda Rushing at email@example.com or 202-293-2971.
Look at what program alumni have to say about their experience:
President and CEO
"The UPenn CEO Employee Ownership Program allowed me the time, focus, and environment to take a step back from the day-to-day to gain insights and tools to perform at a higher level. The program was instrumental in helping me learn more about myself as a leader, how my values and the company's values need to be in alignment for success, and then how to leverage them."
"You will be constantly challenged throughout the sessions, and this will make you a better CEO. Possibly the best outcome is the networking amongst the peers in your class. I have a group of CEO’s I can bounce ideas off of that are like-minded and, in most instances, have encountered the challenge I currently am facing. This is a “must attend” event for emerging CEO’s and current CEO’s."
"This program allowed me to become a leader for our ESOP, which is different in many ways from other companies. I learned so much about who I am as a leader and as a person, and to this day, I am able to apply what I learned in my business and in my personal life. Definitely worth it!"